Interfaith IMPACT of New York State (IINYS), Inc. is a coalition of Unitarian Universalist, Protestant, Reform Jewish, and other faith traditions working for the common good through progressive religious advocacy with the State Legislature, Executive Chamber and State agencies.
Join us for our annual Legislative Advocacy Day on Monday, May 12, 2014 in Room 120 of the Legislative Office Building in Albany. Doors open at 9:30, program starts at 10:00 with speakers, lobbying starts at 11:30. RSVP now.
IINYS consists of congregations, clergy and individuals from progressive Protestant, Reform Jewish, Unitarian Universalist and other faith traditions across the state. We bring our vibrant, shared liberal religious values to the table when New York State public policy decisions are being made.
The Interfaith Impact of New York State Foundation, Inc. is a charitable organization. Its mission is to Inform and encourage progressive faith based participation in public dialogue.
What Moral Values Does IINYS Support?
- Women’s Equality Agenda
- Comprehensive reproductive health care, including age-appropriate sexuality education for teens
- Universal health care
LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) rights
- Transgender Rights (Gender Non-Discrimination Act)
Criminal Justice Reform
- Emphasize restorative justice, education, and prison-to-community transition programs
- Oppose the death penalty
- Oppose excessive use of solitary confinement
- Raise the minimum wage to a livable wage
- Farm worker rights
Responsible Stewardship of the Environment
- Oppose hydrofracking for natural gas
- Encourage clean, renewable energy
- Support the NY Dream Act for undocumented immigrant youth
- Support legalization of medical marijuana
- Support campaign finance reform
How does IINYS Advocate?
- IINYS has an annual advocacy day in the spring to meet with legislators, policy analysts and counsel for the Assembly and Senate.
- Our members meet throughout the year with legislators, the Governor and his staff, and other policy makers.
- Present IINYS briefings and Conscience in Public Life forums in communities across the state.
- Social networking for justice and compassion
- E-mail action alerts, Updates and E-advocacy campaigns (also posted on www.interfaithimpactnys.org).
- Testify at legislative hearings and respond to requests for information from the Executive Chamber, legislative committees, congregation-based social justice committees, and many others.
- Participate in press conferences, demonstrations, forums and other events.
- Provide up-to-date position papers on key issues.
- Offer technical assistance with letter writing tables, forums, etc.
- Work with allied organizations such as Empire State Pride Agenda, Family Planning Advocates of NYS, St. Lawrence Unitarian Universalist District Social Justice Council, the NYS Council of Churches, Reform Jewish Voice of NYS, Faith and Hunger Network, good government groups, and many others.
We have all our recent position papers, newsletters, Advocacy Day info and much more on line. Check out our blog, visit us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/pages/Interfaith-Impact-of-NYS/215433148488100) , Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/iinysinc), or e-mail email@example.com with questions.
IINYS is supported primarily by member contributions along with grants from the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC), the New York State Convention of Universalists, and the Gilbert Spirit Fund. The Conscience in Public Life project of the Interfaith Impact of NYS Foundation is supported by grants from the Deblinger Foundation and the Fund for Unitarian Universalist Social Responsibility.
Please take this opportunity to join or make a donation today and receive our newsletter, e-mail alerts, updates, and other materials. You can fill out the form below or donate on-line at www.interfaithimpactnys.org. If you are interested in a congregational or justice committee membership or joining our clergy advisory board, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-463-5652.